Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Real Steel (2011)

127 min, action,drama, sci fi


Director: Shawn Levy
Writer: John Gatins (screenplay), Dan Gilroy (story)
Stars: Hugh Jackman, Evangeline Lilly and Dakota Goyo

Storyline:
Set in the near future, where robot boxing is a top sport, a struggling promoter feels he's found a champion in a discarded robot. During his hopeful rise to the top, he discovers he has an 11-year-old son who wants to know his father.

Review:
Good: story, cast, special effects, excellently choreographed robot fights...
Bad: a bit dissapointed with the ending

A loser dad, smart kid and a junk robot give a great movie. It's "Rocky" with robots. But for me, and I know "Rocky" fans won't agree, "Real Steel" is better. Maybe because I like robots. "Real steel" is, surprisingly, a worm family story with kick ass robot fights that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. The only thing I didn't like is the ending which I won't comment because of all of you that haven't seen the movie yet.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment